Walmart has announced an aggressive plan to capture the attention of Black Friday shoppers earlier than ever before during three events starting on Thanksgiving evening, November 22 at 8 p.m.
Three Big Events
The stores will open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving with deals on brand name toys, apparel, items for the home and gaming products.
Then at 10 p.m., the electronics sales prices begin and Walmart has made a promise that customers in the store and in the queue line between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. local time on Thanksgiving evening can purchase the following electronics at special low prices:
- Apple iPad2 16GB with Wi-Fi – $399 plus get a $75 Walmart Gift Card
- Emerson 32″ 720p LCD TV – $148
- LG Blu-ray Player – $38
If any of these items happen to sell out before 11 p.m. customers can get a Guarantee Card for the item which must be paid for by midnight and registered online. The product will then be shipped to the store where it was purchased for the customer to pick up before Christmas.
On Friday, November 23, starting at 5 a.m. the traditional Black Friday doorbusters and weekend deals will begin.
“We know it’s frustrating for customers to shop on Black Friday and not get the items they want,” said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising and marketing officer, Walmart U.S. “This year, for the first time ever, customers that shop during Walmart’s one-hour event will be guaranteed to have three of the most popular items under their tree at a great low price.”
A few of the top items available in store, while supplies last, include:
8 p.m. on November 22:
Gifts for the Entire Family – Toys, Gaming, Home and Apparel
- Xbox 360 4GB + SkyLanders Bundle – $149
- Wii Console- $89
- More than 100 video games priced at $10, $15 or $25 each
- Top Toys of the Season: Leappad 1.0 Learning Tablet ($65) and Furby ($45)
- Razor Accelerator 12-Volt Electric Scooter – $79
- Fisher Price Power Wheels Jeep Wrangler 6-Volt Ride Ons (Hot Wheels and Barbie) – $89 each
- Licensed Boys’ and Girls’ 2-Piece Sleep Set – $4.50 each
- Mens and Ladies Denim – $9.50 each
- Home appliances such as a Crock Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker and Mr. Coffee Programmable 12-Cup Coffee Maker – $9.44 each
- Shark Steam Pocket Mop and Ninja Pulse Blender – $39 each
- Fashion Dolls such as Barbie, Bratz and Disney Princess – $5 each
- Hundreds of DVD and Blu-ray movies such as Brave, The Amazing Spiderman, Hunger Game ranging from $1.96 to $9.96 each
- Better Homes and Gardens 700-Thread Count Sheet Set – $19.96
- 48″ Air-Powered Hockey Table – $29.86
- 14′ Trampoline with Enclosure and Bonus Flash Light Zone – $159
10 p.m. on November 22:
The BIG Event – Brand Name Electronics
- Vizio 60″ 720p LED Smart TV with built in Wi-Fi – $688
- Samsung 43″ 720p 600Hz Class Plasma HDTV – $378
- HP 15.6″ Laptop with 4GB and 320GB hard drive – $279
- Nikon D3000 Digital Camera with Lens Kit – $449
- Samsung Smart ST195 Digital Camera – $99
- Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones – $179.95
- Nook Color 8GB Tablet – $99
- Virgin Mobile 3G/4G Hotspot – $39.88
5 a.m. on Nov. 23:
Savings on Gifts from Jewelry to Tires
- Sharp 70″ 1080p 120Hz HDTV – $1,798
- Acer 13.3″ Ultrabook with 4GB and 320GB solid state drive – $499
- $100 Walmart gift card with the purchase of select smartphones such as the Samsung Galaxy S III, Droid RAZR M by Motorola and HTC One X
- Goodyear Tires ranging from $59 – $99 each
- Forever Bride 1/3 -Carat T.W. Diamond Ring in 10K Gold – $198
- Stanley 6-Drawer Rolling Tool Cabinet with 85-Piece Mechanic Tool Set – $99
- Singer Sew Mate 5400 60-Stitch Sewing Machine – $99.97
- 5″ Pre-Lit Harrison Christmas Tree – $20
- Better Homes and Gardens Deluxe Recliner – $199
Their Price Is Our Price
Walmart’s ad match guarantee will also be in effect on Black Friday. This allows customers to match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register.
Map Your Black Friday Savings
Starting November 19, a Black Friday local store map will be available to view and print on Walmart.com and local Walmart Facebook pages. Also, for the first time, customers can view an interactive local store map on their mobile phone via the Walmart Mobile App, enabling customers to click on items to see the price, product description and location in the store.
Black Friday Specials & More Online
Don’t feel like getting into all the Black Friday shopping madness? There will be a two-day online-only event on Walmart.com starting early on Thanksgiving Day and extending through Black Friday, which will include free shipping to home on eligible $45 orders or free store pickup.
Deals will include:
- Samsung 50″ Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV – $698
- Ematic 7″ Tablet Android 4.0 1GHz, 4GB – $49
- Dsi XL Ultimate Bundle – $129
- Razor A Kick Scooter, Multiple Colors – $25
Newly-introduced this holiday, customers who sign up for email at Walmart.com, like its Facebook wall or download the Walmart Mobile App, will be among the first to get early access to special deals and information. In fact, these customers will receive exclusive, early access to purchase select Black Friday “store” items directly online at Walmart.com and via the Walmart Mobile App hours before they are available in stores.
Note: Opening hours may vary due to local laws. Customers can check with their local stores to confirm event start times. Prices and items may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma and Puerto Rico.
- The Entire Black Friday Circular
- Walmart Coupon Policy
- How to Get the Best Bargains on Black Friday