March 22, 2019, 6:16

Antonio Conte waiting to give his opinion on Chelsea squad improvements for January window

Antonio Conte waiting to give his opinion on Chelsea squad improvements for January window

Chelsea head coach Antonio Conte says he will wait to be asked his opinion rather than make demands to improve his squad in January.

Conte has previously expressed frustration at Chelsea’s summer transfer market, particularly in comparison with Manchester City’s recruitment.

Pep Guardiola’s side lead last season’s Premier League champions by 11 points after 13 games, with Chelsea hosting Swansea on Wednesday night.

“If one day the club try to ask me something about this topic I can give my opinion but at the same time I am very happy to work for this club with these players,” Conte said.

“I know and the club knows very well we are trying to build something important for the present, for the future.

“We started to build something last season. Last season we were so good to win at the same time but don’t forget we are building and the club knows very well what our situation is.”

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has described Manchester City's unbeaten run as extraordinary

Manchester United’s 4-2 win over Watford on Tuesday night saw Jose Mourinho’s side go six points ahead of third-place Chelsea, who are unbeaten in their last five league games.

And it is United Conte is most bothered about with the Italian stressing pressure is key for his side to succeed.

The 48-year-old said: “Our target must be to see the team that is before us. In this case Man United. Our first target is to catch them up.

“This must be our mentality and in every game we have to try to win and do our best. This must be the right mentality, winning mentality.”

“If there is not pressure, I put pressure on myself, the players, the club because it is right to have pressure,” Conte said.

“It is a vital part if you want to create something important, if you want to win.”

Source: skysports.com

Related posts